The doctor said I am a big, healthy, growing strong boy! I am 26 inches (which is taller than my stinky sister!) and she said I weigh 15 lbs 4 ounces. I'm not really sure what that means, but the doctor smiled at me a LOT. She gave me a stick (I think mommy called it a tongue depressor - but thats too long to say) to play with and when I stuck it in my mouth, she smiled, so I did lots of that. She put some weird disc on my belly and it had a long cord on it that went into her ears. It was silly looking. She didn't let me eat it. I used all my muscle but she took it away from me and said it wasn't something I could have. Mommy gave me back my stick and I was happy. She also said that I can sleep on my belly if I want - thats good because I love to sleep on my belly and do it every night! I sat up tall for the doctor and she said "what a big boy! he's doing great!" She smiled a lot so I think I did good! Then she took my sister and did similar things. My fingers taste good. Then! She had the nerve to put something sharp into my legs! It made me cry, but mommy kept saying I was a big boy and taking it like a champ - whatever that means.
Since my sister is sound asleep, I will tell you what happened with her - even though I matter more.
She was told she is also growing very well. The doctor said that she is 25 1/4 inches and weighs 15 lbs 10 ounces - I think thats shorter but heavier. It's okay. She's cute! My fingers taste good. She took the funny disc and put it on Josephine too. I don't think Josephine understands how tasty that cord probably was! She didn't try to eat it. Josephine didn't like the stick as much as I did. She took the stick and fiddled around with it, and I guess the doctor smiled. I don't know. I was with mommy, playing with my stick. Josephine didn't show off sitting up like I did, but the doctor smiled at her anyway! No fair! Josephine didn't cry as much or as loudly as I did when the doctor stuck a sharp thing into her legs, but mommy still called her a champ. I think mommy just likes to use silly words, like champ.
The doctor said we could start eating REAL food now! Like bananas that aren't put in that big machine and ground real creamy. We can eat whatever our moms are eating! They just have to mash it up a bit and we can chow down! Yum! I am always looking at what they are eating and mmmm I want some of it! Mommy usually pulls the plate away from me when I try to eat her food - not they can't do that because doctor said we should eat it!
Doctor also said that we aren't teething. Mommy and Momma thought I was because, well, I cry alot. Truth it, I just want attention and crying gets it! I don't want teeth yet, so I'll keep them under my gums. My fingers taste good.
This weekend in Passover, or Pesach, depending on how fancy you want to sound. We are going to Grandma and Zayde's house and going to see all the family! I can't wait! I'm going to show off all my new skills like sitting up and eating! Maybe mommy and momma will let me eat some of the stuff that looks yummy - I want it all.
My fingers taste good.
-Dylan
3 comments:
I am not only impressed how articulate he is, but at this typing skills... and how he hacked into stef's account to type this (unless she logged on for him and let him at the keyboard) either way... well done hehe ;)
I should mention that the "Posted by STefanie" is only there for a school related thing. You can only have one name on your account, and ours used to be "Sarah & Stef" or something like that. Since she is using blogger for school, it needs to have her name on it (rather than logging out and her logging in, all the time). So alas, it shows her name.
I shoudl also mention that I do 99.99% of posts. Some she reads before they are posted, some she doesn't. Dylan happened to do this one. :o)
-Sarah
Hi Dylan, We loved your blog. Your writing skills are amazing!! And you have such a great sense of humor. We are so proud of how big you and Josephine are getting!!. We miss you both and hope to see you and your sister and Mommies real soon. Love, Grandma and Dale
Post a Comment