Hi there! It's Dylan. Mommy and Josephine are taking a nap, so I snuck out of my crib to write to you. Mommy said we can't blog until Josephine feels better (more on that later), but I want to blog! I like to talk about myself.
So, Josephine got a stomach virus on Monday. I don't know what that means, but mommy keeps feeling her forehead, giving her different drops (she said one is to make her head feel cooler and one is to help her tummy stop aching) and she keeps saying that Josephine can't have milk or any food until she feels all better. She gets juice! Today I saw her drinking purple juice. It looked yummy but mommy said that since I'm not sick, I should drink my milk. So I do. I also eat my food and my yogurt and my puffs and I try to eat mommy's food. When momma eats near me I try to steal her food too. I heard mommy tell momma that that was proof that I wasn't sick. Josephine is starting to feel a little bit better, but she keeps crying and I don't like it. I want to play with her again. Mommy won't let us play even next to each other! I miss my sister. Mommy said that soon we will get to play again like we used to, but we have to wait until Josephine is better. Mommy doesn't want me to get sick.
Josephine has been sleeping - a lot - since Monday. It means that I've had mommy and momma all to myself this whole time! It's been fun, but it still feels empty.
Anywho.. I went on a walk this weekend! Did mommy or momma tell you about it? We went on a walk for Grandpa David - mommy says that's her daddy and I'm named after him (I tried to tell mommy that my name is DYLAN not DAVID but she didn't want to listen). We took a train and a subway and then walked really far to get TO the walk. Then we did the walk. Then we walked far and took a subway to a train to walk home. The train station is really close to where we live. I liked the train. There was a nice woman on the way there that came and took two papers from mommy (she said "Tickets please!" so I guess we had tickets, but mommy always says tickets are bad, so I don't really understand). On the way home it was a man and he wasn't as friendly. The train was fun though. I got to sit near a window and look outside at the trees. They went by so fast! I almost got dizzy, but my stroller kept me safe. I was so tired when we got home, but we went right away to one of my favorite places - THE PARK! We saw all my friends and got to play and have fun fun fun lots and lots of fun. I had so much fun. Then we went home and played some more! Finally we got to go to sleep and I was happy. I had such a fun day. Momma took lots and lot of pictures, so I will share some with you!
In other news, Josephine has figured out that she can sleep on her tummy - she has mommy and momma put her on her tummy and she sleeps so nicely and quietly. I can sit in my crib and just enjoy laying there. I kept telling Josephine to roll onto her tummy because its comfortable, but she is lazy. Silly Josephine.
I, on the other hand, am becoming a "very big boy" according to mommy. I have been playing tricks on mommy lately and standing. I can pull myself from sitting on her or momma's lap to stand up almost all by myself. Every time I do, mommy kisses me on the cheek and says "stop growing up so fast!" I think if she really didn't want me to grow up, she wouldn't kiss me. She tells momma that it freaks her out because I'm going to start running very soon. I don't know what running is though, so I'm excited to learn this new thing! Mommy and momma both keep trying to help me to take a step while they are holding me, but I don't want to. I like to just stand up.
Also, we can both speak now! I say "Ba ba ba" and Josephine says something that sounds like "blah blah blah." Mommy and momma keep trying to get us to say it but we won't say it when they want - its so fun to play tricks on them!
Mommy got us some new toys last week. She got us a Hokey Pokey Elmo but he lost his hokey (I don't know what that means, but he just sings and wiggles a little). Josephine REALLY LOVES him. Mommy took a video of Josephine playing with Elmo, so I'll show you that.
Uh oh.. Nap time is almost over! I will show you the photos and then sneak back into my crib so mommy doesn't know about this blog! hehehe
 |
| ME! |
 |
| My silly sister |
 |
| Momma told us this was the "starting line" |
 |
| Look at us in our cooooool shirts |
 |
| Momma put a sticker on my face |
 |
| Josephine REALLY likes having her photo taken |
 |
| Josephine got to carry the picture of Grandpa |
 |
This lady talked a lot. I don't remember what she said - there was a boy playing video games near me. I wanted to eat it. |
 |
Everyone clapped and cheered when this man showed up. We had to wait an hour to walk because he was late! They said his name was Michael Ealy. We don't watch TV but apparently he's on it. |
 |
| Walking! |
 |
| Mommy said she will take us all on this big ship when we are a little older |
 |
| Momma said this is not the worlds largest frying pan, just a big one |
 |
| This butterfly is pretty and sat there for a long long time |
 |
| I'm playing with my friend Kai. I'm 2 days older than him! |
 |
| Weeeeeeee |
 |
| This is our friend Jayde. She's super cool. She's got teeth! |
1 comment:
Dearest Dylan, I really enjoyed reading your blog this morning. But don't worry, I won't tell Mommy or Momma that you got out of your crib to blog. But Maybe you could tell mommy that I would love the picture of Josephine with the bow in her hair and her big smile and the ones of both of you with the stickers on your face. I am so proud of you both walking for your Grandpa David. He would have loved to have met you but I know he watches you from Heaven. In your video you really grabbed your sister but she didn't seem to get upset with you! You really wanted that toy didn't you? Well, my dear boy, grandma is going to go for a bike ride now. You will learn about bicycles one day soon! I am sending you a big kiss and hug Dyland and please give one to Josephine too! XOXO Grandma
Post a Comment