Monday, May 9, 2011

:)

All the family seems to know now! So do most of our friends. Word is spreading - all without the powers that be in the hands of Mr. Mark Zuckerburg - Mr. Facebook. haha
On Saturday night Marge (Sarah's grandfathers wife) called to say that she pushed him into telling her but he had apparently forgotten the "twins" factor and so that was a shock to her on the phone (and a shock to him as he re-learned the truth).
He did ask a fun question though that reminded me of the, "did you plan twins" question.. He asked if the father was the same. So, either gramps doesn't know me (Sarah) too well, or he watched that episode of One Born Every Minute where a woman gave birth to twins with 2 different fathers. The mother is in a committed [lesbian] relationship (much like ours) and ordered her sperm online (like us) only her bank made an error and sent her an extra vial! Unfortunately, the "extra" vial was a different one than the donor they picked out. Despite this, the mothers decided to use it at home and then use the donor they picked at the doctors office (where their other sperm was delivered). 9 months later, twins were born. One white, one black. (Their donor was black, so the kids would match themselves, makes sense.)
How fun :)
Personally, even though I know the rigorous testing that these donors go through before making their... deposit, I don't think we would be able to use "random" sperm that shows up at the door.
That said, I'm just writing to say that our family knows, our friends know, and since I've no w got a pretty clear (though small) baby belly, the whole world shall know soon enough :)
Enjoy your day friends!

4 comments:

Aunt Michele said...

hey are you guys gonna post pics of the two of you together and the belly?

Sarah said...

I took one last week, but its not a very accurate photo. I showed a few people and they refuse to believe its me (including Stef who went from the pic to my belly a few times). I look like I swallowed a beach ball, but I'm really not that big... so maybe after the photos look better - i.e. more realistic and accurate - I'll post some. :)

Aunt Michele said...

I know pregnant women can get zany cravings, but I will assume a beach ball was not one of them, and you didn't actually swallow one (let alone one that was already inflated because... well... you're not a snake... and thus can't swallow things whole...

I'll end this comment now lol

Sarah said...

Regardless of my cravings I may get, I will always refrain from eating a beach ball - inflated or deflated.
But I agree, how does one swallow an inflated beach ball?! Silly friends of mine... haha

Post a Comment